Friday, May 21, 2010

Tarpon Season 2k10



Sunrise and Sunset all seem to blur together right now, but I have been able to get my camera working again if I use Manual Focus only. Funny how everything in life comes into focus around the same time... I do not know what is going on 100 miles offshore or if there is any relation, but yesterday we ran into Albies, Jacks, Kings, Blackfin Tuna, Amberjack, Sharks, Bluerunners, Baracuda, spanish, and tons of bait just 6 miles offshore. This is highly unusual. We are looking at the largest group of Tarpon we have seen in Charlotte Harbor and Pine Island Sound in years. If you read the research they are here to gather before they go "offshore" to spawn. This could lead to a terrible end for these Tarpon if the oil winds up in their path as they swim on the surface and gulp air. If I could pen up all these Tarpon and keep them inshore for the next two months I would do it.